Esports is one of the fastest-growing sectors of the iGaming industry. The esports business is on a boom over the years in viewership as well as revenue generation. The business owners need to opt for esports platform development solutions for attracting a large number of audience in the market. As per the researchers, it has been analyzed that esports will generate revenue of 1 billion with a global audience of more than 300 million in the upcoming years.
What is Esports?
Esports is a short form for electronic sports, where sports are played by individuals or teams in a virtual environment. The players compete on virtual platforms, instead of physical events, online tournaments are organized for the audience. The industry includes traditional as well as other sports such as legends of leagues, counterstrike, Dota-2, and many more. The individuals can play and earn money or join large organizations to earn huge cash prizes.
Esports is a digital-based platform and more scalable. There are many new, dynamic games involved where the players can be created on an esports platform. Esports has more than 800 million viewers on platforms such as Twitch and youtube. As per the recent study, people are showing their interest at large scale in the iGaming industry.
The Market Overview of Esports Industry
- As per the analysis of Newzoo, the revenue generated through esports is increased by more than 30% annually. According to the prediction of Newzoo, by 2021, esports will generate revenue of 1.3 billion from coming brand investments.
- Sponsorship in the esports industry is contributing by 40% and also generating revenue from game publishers by more than 10%.
- There are more than 18,000 active players in the tournaments involved in esports. The total revenue also increased by more than 1.5 billion.
- Association of esports is rising and developing organized rules, structure for players, scheduling for fans, tournaments, and many more.
Top Esports Genres
There are various games covered under esports such as:
- Multiplayer online battle arena games
- Mass multiplayer online games
- Fighting Games
- First-person shooter games
- Real-time strategy games
Esports Games Worldwide
While there are multiple games involved in esports, there are some top esports games with millions of players involved. The top esports games for 2020 are as follows:
DOTA 2: This sport was published in 2013, DOTA 2 is the most popular games of esports and streaming on online platforms such as twitch and youtube. This game is covered under the multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game. The publishers are making it the biggest competitive events globally.
Call of Duty: This game is covered under the first-person shooter type of esports. Call of duty involves a series of games in America, Australia, and the UK annually. There are various professionals involved in organizing the tournament with many sponsors groups.
Overwatch: This game was released in 2016, overwatch is the most competitive multiplayer first-person shooter game. There are more than 14 million users found after its launch. This game continues to excel in 2019. Blizzard Entertainment was the first organizer of overwatch for international players.
League of Legends: These games were released in 2009 by Riot Games. It involves multiplayer in online battlefield games. In 2019 $8 million was handed the prize money. The LOL esports have professional competitions in America and Europe. There are different levels of tournaments available in esports games with exciting and engaging platforms for the audience.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO): This game was launched in 2012 and dominated the world of esports. It has million-dollar prizes and tournaments organized by well-known sponsors. It is one of the main causes of the booming esports industry.
Starcraft 2: Starcraft launched in 2010 and is the most popular game in South Korea. The game is based on a real-time strategy. It has been hosted by various leagues such as Global Starcraft 2 League, North American Star League, and many more.
Esports Code of Conduct: Esports should develop a safe and healthy competitive environment. To create this environment, the appropriate rules have been set up for players and organizers as follows:
- It should be noted that players must avoid the expression of offence to other players, whether they are of an opponent or a team member.
- Esports players should avoid offensive language or another offensive expression based on gender, origin, physical ability, etc.
- The players need to support their team members and communicate with them positively.
- The players must avoid cheating and do not share account information that could be risky for them.
- Esports players must not harass other players or no actions must be used to form violence.
- The organizer should create an environment safer and biased platforms for the players.
- The organizers should follow all the standards for developing the platform for the players.
- Organizers should have a zero-tolerance policy for the players who breach the standards or code of conduct.
- They must support and encourage spectators to report abuse or elements of violence.
Development of an Esports Tournament Website
With an increasing number of users, it is important to develop and manage the tournament website. There are different ways to build an esports tournaments website as follows:
Esports Website Builder
With the development of technology, it has become easy for operators to find the esports website building sites. There are many automated development platforms available that create esports sites with the involvement of several features. Some of the esports website builder sites are esportsify, esportswebs and many more. These sites help in launching the tournament sites with various leagues and matches.
WordPress is a well-known content management system for operators. It has different themes and features that help in building esports websites without the help of professionals. This approach shows the better look of the website, the operators just need to buy a website domain and web hosting. Thus it can be a helpful tool for developing effective and appropriate esports tournament websites.
Custom Development of Website
The custom development of a website is a better way of developing an engaging platform for users. Through this approach, the operators can build the website as per the requirements necessary tools. The professionals can integrate various APIs such as leader scoreboard, media sharing, and many more. There are certain things to consider while launching websites such as:
- The target audience and the country.
- Games involved in esports tournaments website
- Types of product involved (white label or esports)
Along with these factors, there are certain steps involved in developing a custom esports tournament website as follows:
- Wire-framing: For developing a structure of the website
- Design: Once the structure is framed, the website is designed by skilled professionals to ensure user-friendly looks to the customers.
- Development: It involves coding to make the website more customized and responsive to the users.
- APIs: It involves protocols, that shows how the website interacts with the users.
- Quality Assurance: It ensures the design faults and development issues on the website.
- Development and Operations: It reduces the process of the website with the interaction of software development and technology operations.
The above mentioned can clearly state that esports is growing rapidly. The operators need to follow various protocols and standards for the esports platform. With the development of the esports industry, it is important to launch an esports tournament website for becoming an influencer in the iGaming industry. As discussed above there are various ways available for launching the esports tournament website. These approaches help in creating better gaming strategies for the operators and can also cause success in the business.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.